With over 50 years in the business we have extensive experience in the design, installation and trouble shooting of all types of heating systems. We have and continue to lead the way in heating system technology. We were one of the first installers to begin extensively using radiant heating systems. Now we have become specialists in the design and installation of high efficiency natural gas heating systems. Call us today to find out what Greenfield can do to meet your heating needs.
One of the most important things you can do to ensure the longevity and trouble free operation of your heating system is to stay on top of preventive maintenance. That’s why we recommend having a system tune up and cleaning before putting your heating system into operation each season.
This tune up includes but is not limited to:
- Clean & inspect boiler burners & combustion chamber
- Check boiler pressure & expansion tank
- Check controls & pumps
- Check safety switches & limits
- Lubricate motors
- Preform detailed combustion analysis
- Check for proper flue draft
- Inspect base of chimney for obstructions
Heating systems and their component parts only have a finite life span. Proper maintenance can greatly increase this life span but not indefinitely. So periodically repairs will be needed and eventually whole parts of the system will need to be replaced. Having problems with your heating system? Let us trouble shoot it for you so we can repair the parts that are broken and ONLY those parts.
- Systems leaks
- Relief valve dripping
- Expansion tanks
- Vent dampers
- Gas valves
- Circulator pumps
- Zone valves
- Safety switches
Whether you’re building the home of your dreams or renovating your current one, you want your home to feel comfortable year round. With our extensive experience in hydronic, steam, radiant, and HVAC systems we have the ability to work with you to tailor a heating system specifically to how you use your home. So don’t let your dream become a nightmare, make sure your heating & cooling systems are giving you the comfort you expect and deserve.
At Greenfield plumbing we specialize in the installation of and conversion to high efficiency natural gas heating systems. High efficiency system offer several advantages over conventional gas or oil heating systems.
- First of course is savings, new high efficiency systems have ratings up to 95% AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency). Which means these system operate with far less waste than older systems which can have ratings as low as 60%.
- Still, there are reasons beyond just money to make the switch. Natural gas has almost 40% lower carbon emissions per BTU than #2 heating oil. Combine that with much higher AFUE ratings and high efficiency gas system are a much better choice for the environment.
- These systems also offer far greater control over your heat. Rather than just being on or off like a conventional system they have the ability to modulate their output based on outdoor temperature. When paired with a smart or programmable thermostat they offer far more consistent and even heating of your home.
- One high efficiency combination system can replace both your boiler and water heater yet is smaller than both. The unit can also be hung on the wall freeing up valuable floor space in your basement.
So call Greenfield plumbing today and let us show you how much comfortable and affordable your heat can be with a high efficiency natural gas heating system.